Monday, January 12, 2015

Planbook.com

I know I haven't been on here in a very long time but I had to get on to share one really great resource I found out about recently.

Although I am a huge techie, it is sad to admit that I still hadn't moved myself over to a digital plan book.  I liked having my plans written out on my desk.  I didn't mind scribbling out a lesson or adding in arrows to adapt to disruptions, changes, or some other hiccup that pops up during teaching. However, it did make for a pretty messy plan book some weeks.

Well, a few weeks ago a friend of mine shared what her school had been doing for planning.  As a school they chose to use planbook.com 


They showed me how it worked and I was very intrigued.  I loved that you could have an easy view of your plans, link your standards as well as change or bump lessons with a click of the button.  You can even attach flipcharts, worksheets, and video to a lesson. Imagine having your lessons pulled up and whenever it is time for an activity or video you just click it from your plans and there it is!  No more prepping the lesson beforehand or hunting through folders to find it.  Another great feature is the fact that you can share plans with colleagues and even import their plans into your own book.

One of my resolutions this year was to begin using this instead of my other plan book. I am 2 weeks in and love it!  I especially love it because we have had a few snow days recently.  I have been able to access my plans from home and change or bump what I need so I don't have to rush in the next day to get set up.

The subscription is $12 for the year which isn't too bad at all.  If you don't already use a digital planbook, I highly suggest you check this one out.  I won't lie, it is a bit overwhelming at first, but once you watch the overview and get started, it is a dream to use! Now you know why I had to come back on and share.  :)

Hopefully you will be seeing me on here a bit more in the future. :)

2 comments:

  1. I use planbook.com and love it. My colleague makes the math plans and I make the science plans and then we just import! You can also drop in the state standards or frameworks to accompany your plans and see a list of how many times you have taught each standard during the year. I also have a link to my planbook on my webpage and parents can see what we are doing in class or what their child misses if they are out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI! I am thinking about planbook.com but are there templates that are available so you can tweak them and not start from scratch. I teach two sections of 5th grade math and 2 sections of 6th grade math.

    ReplyDelete