Sunday, September 23, 2012

Painted Teacher Stool

After seeing so many cute stool makeovers on Pinterest, I just HAD to make that my summer project.  Here is the basic tutorial I used from Hooty's Homeroom.

I took my regular old classroom stool and sprayed it with a base coat of Krylon primer.  I then sprayed over that with Krylon black gloss.
I did 2 coats of black and then let it dry for 24 hours.   I cut out a fabric circle and using my homemade modge podge:

(Recipe:  50/50 elmer's glue/water  Be careful not to make it too runny)
Thank you Pinterest yet again...

I slathered on a coat on top of the stool.


I then placed the fabric over the top and did two coats of modge podge on top.

(Don't worry.  It dries clear.)

I let that dry for 24 hours and then sprayed the whole thing with a a gloss coat.
Ta da!

I love my new stool!

4 comments: