Thursday, August 23, 2012

Therapeutic Thursday

I wasn't able to join in on Wednesday's "Where I Teach" since we haven't gone back yet and my classroom looks like a construction site.  However, I am more than happy to join in on Therapeutic Thursday. 
Today I am sharing a Pinterest inspired item that I created for my students this year.  It is a Meditation Bottle.
It was SUPER easy to make.

Here's what you need:
1 empty bottle/jar (I chose a water bottle for safety reasons)
3 TBS glitter glue (add more or less depending on the size of your jar)
Warm Water

I poured the glue in and then filled the rest of the bottle up with warm water.  (The warm water helps dissolve the glue a little better.)  Close the cap and shake.  Note: I crazy glued mine closed

Voila!
A very cool meditation bottle!  Thanks Pinterest!!!

This is perfect for those students that need to take a "brain break" or need a "time out" for themselves.  It takes about 3-5 minutes for the glitter to float to the bottom.  When it is done, they can come back to whatever they were doing again. 

I just wish I had this for a little guy I had last year.  This would have been perfect for him!  In fact, I actually made one for him to possibly use this year if he wanted.

I also ended up making one for each of my own children at home.  For my daughter, it will be more for "meditation."  My son?  His will definitely be for Time Outs.  The terrible twos are hitting us hard over here.  Hopefully this may help distract him a bit. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment