Saturday, February 11, 2012

Stuck in My Head....

Have you ever gotten a song stuck in your head?....I'm sure you have.

Well, have you ever gotten one of your class play songs stuck in your head?  How about at 2 a.m. when you wake up randomly and find yourself singing it?  Then you start thinking about why you may be singing a play song immediately as you are waking up.  Then you ask, why are you thinking about why you may be singing a play song immediately as you woke up?   Then you keep analyzing this until you realize you are WIDE AWAKE!  Did I mention it was 2 a.m.? Actually now it is 3 a.m. because of course I had to pop on Pinterest, and play a game of Scramble...since I was already awake.  I thought, while I am awake, I might as well blog too.  Why not?!

Well, anyway, we are in the midst of our class play, The Weather Show.  The official performance is this Thursday.  The children are getting very excited.  We created our costumes a few days ago and yesterday I was crazy brave enough to do the background with the kids.  I figured it was Friday, I am in jeans, what the hell, let's give it a go.

I broke the children into four groups and each one decided how they would portray the type of weather I gave that particular group.  There are a bunch of songs in our play(i.e. why they are stuck in my head) that cover each of these types of weather.

I was so proud of the great job they did.  Although, I always love how any of the second graders artwork turns out.

Here are their masterpieces:
Warm/Cold Air Masses and Tornadoes
Lightning Storm
Rainbow and a Groundhog
Snow

These backdrops will be proudly displayed behind the children as they perform.  I can't wait to see how they do!

On a side note, there are just 4 days left to enter my giveaway HERE. I have only 14 more followers to go to reach 100 for the 100th day, so keep spreading the word! 

4 comments:

  1. Hey Deb! What a fantastic blog! I'm your newest follower...and I just presented you with an award. Hop on over and check it out!
    ❤Tanya
    Ms. Solano's Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the backdrops! I am your newest follower and I liked your Facebook page too. :)
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete