Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Fairy Tales

This week we start our unit on Fairy Tales.  Each day we will read about a basic tale, discuss the elements included and fill out the "Recipe for a Fairy Tale" below.
Click the picture for a copy of this and my Fairy Tale Venn Diagram.

I love all fairy tales, but my personal favorites are the mixed-up(fractured) versions. The following week we begin to examine those.  This is a perfect opportunity to compare and contrast them. I use graphic organizers, venn diagrams, you name it.  I found a good Fact and Opinion activity on Pinterest to go along with The True Story of the Three Little Pigs HERE.

As we examine these tales, the children will also begin brainstorming their own ideas for a mixed-up tale, which they'll eventually write and publish into a book.

Stay tuned for some samples from my students.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the freebie!

    Tammy
    www.foreverin1st.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the freebie! Fractured fairty tales are one of my favorites as well.

    Mrs Poland
    Think, Wonder, & Teach

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies. Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I love how it is called "Recipe for a Fairy Tale!"

    Second Grade Math Maniac

    ReplyDelete