Monday, February 13, 2012

The Best Breakfast and Our Valentine Men

A coworker of mine mentioned that she was headed to Ocean City this weekend.  I told her about these amazing sea salted caramels that I had the last time I was there.  Well, guess what she surprised me with this morning?Yup, those very sea salted caramels!

Here are those little pieces of heaven...
Now you see them...

Now you don't!
It was the BEST breakfast I have had in a while!
(Yes, I consider chocolate breakfast.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

And now on to our Valentine Men.

Last week our principal told us to cancel all meetings for Monday. (We have early dismissal on Monday so we can have meetings and inservices. Joy.)  However, he was all secretive about it and wouldn't tell us why we had to clear our schedules.

All week everyone was trying to figure out what in the world could be going on Monday.  Knowing our principal, we knew he had something up his sleeve.

Well, today was the day.  We walked into the cafeteria to find 2 large circles of chairs and all the male teachers of our school, my husband included, greeting us as we walked in.

The women were instructed to sit down and our principal went on to read a cute story using every teacher's name in the school.  As he read, we were to pass presents around the circle according to how he read the story.  When he was finished whoever was holding the present got to open the gift.  It actually was kind of cute.  Alas, I didn't get to win the Vday socks hidden inside the boxes.

Then the men passed out cake and coffee to us.

But wait!  They weren't finished!

They then all gathered on stage...
and serenaded us!

Here's my cute hubby singing along.

I thought the whole thing was so sweet.  It really was a wonderful Valentine's Day surprise. 

Happy Valentine's Day to you all.  

Tune in tomorrow to find out the winner of my 100th Day Giveaway

2 comments: