Thursday, January 26, 2012

Valentine's Day Hearts

I love doing this activity with my students each year.  Plus it is a great way to get rid of all those gross candy hearts.  Bleh! (Sorry to those that actually like them.)

I lay out a ton of these in piles.  The kids pick about 5 or so hearts which they use to create sentences.  Once they have written a final draft, they glue the hearts down.

Here is my sample from...(you're going to laugh)... 2002!  It's so old that my maiden name is even on it!  I think it may be time to create a new sample.


I still can't believe those hearts have lasted this long. 
They are like the legend of twinkies.  10 year shelf life anyone? 

Either way, the kids love this writing assignment.

Make sure you stock up on these right after Vday.  They are always super cheap then.  Plus, since they last for 2,000 years, you won't have to worry about them going bad!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I just pinned this idea. Thanks for sharing! I'm your newest follower. I'm over at Forever in First if you're interested.

    Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete