Saturday, January 14, 2012

Stanley Travels On

Back in October we started the Flat Stanley project.  You can read about that HERE.

Since then, he has traveled to a few places, but many went far away so they are slowly trickling in.

Here is how we keep track of his travels in the classroom.

As Stanley arrives, we add a pin for each place visited on the world map.

We then add any pictures or items that were sent back with him in this binder. 
The children love reading the letters and looking at the pictures.

I just love seeing what fun the students' families have with him!

Yay for Flat Stanley and his adventures!

3 comments:

  1. My niece did this when she was in second grade and one of the parents in my class took Flat Stanley to Paris with them. It was fabulous!! :)
    A Teeny Tiny Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so fun Kristin! The families do so many interesting things with him. Two of my favorites were when Flat Stanley went on a secret mission in Iraq flying military vehicles in. The other was when he went surfing with a guy that was EXTREMELY easy on the eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE & MISS Flat Stanley!!!! Soooo much fun!!! You made me miss teaching little ones!

    Come by and check out my 500 follower giveaway :)

    Have a great weekend!

    ❤ Mor Zrihen from...
    A Teacher's Treasure
    Teaching Treasures Shop

    ReplyDelete