Sunday, January 29, 2012

Congrats to my Girl!

I forsee that in life, I am going to have to wear my Teacher hat AND Mommy hat at the same time. 

Here was my first experience with that.

My daughter qualified for early intervention speech services a year ago.  It was interesting going through the process as a parent rather than a teacher.  I found myself paying attention to the meeting a little more since everything pertained to me.  Not that I zone out during student ones.....well, maybe the 2 hour ones.

I wasn't one that was worried she was in speech.  I saw it as extra help to get her to move past the minor obstacles she had.  Gabbie really enjoyed working with her speech pathologist and we have noticed major improvement in her speech.  My husband and I are no longer translators for her "Gabanese."

Just this past week her IEP was up and they found she had met all of her goals, which meant she was exited from the program. Yay!

Her speech teacher came to visit her at her preschool one last time to say goodbye and tell her whole class how great she did.
Here is my proud little girl grinning from ear to ear.


Yay to Gabs!
Now if only we can get my almost 2 year old to start talking...
IEP number 2 in my future???

1 comment:

  1. I know that you are proud!
    You have been tagged for Bloggy Tag! I enjoy your blog, and thought you might want to participate!
    http://literacyminute.blogspot.com/2012/01/bloggy-tag.html

    ReplyDelete