Thursday, December 29, 2011

11 in 11

Hadar from Miss Kindergarten Love Love and Kristin from A Teeny Tiny Teacher are cohosting a fun linky party.





Let's just jump right into it....
11.  Favorite movie you watched:
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2
(Note: Yes, my husband and I were the dorks that went to the midnight showing AND saw Part 1 and 2 back to back. LOVED it!)
10:  Favorite TV Series:
Hmm, there are so many that I watch, but my recent favorite has been Once Upon a Time.  It is a great series about fairy tale characters that are trapped in present day time but don't know it.

9.  Favorite Restaurant
I would have to say:
There has not been one thing that I have been disappointed with on their menu, and I have tried A LOT!

8.  Favorite thing you have tried
A favorite thing that I tried this year is Daily 5.  Granted it isn't the true Daily 5 rotation but I did introduce all of the components and the kids love them as well as myself.  It has been a great change up to our Language Arts routine.

7.  Favorite gift you received
It was kind of a gift from myself and my husband. 
Right before our 4 year anniversary, my wedding band broke.  Yup, that's right...BROKE!   It had cracks in it for a few months, but it finally gave way.  As you can see, it broke in three places. 

Needless to say, I was not a fan of that bad karma happening right before our anniversary. 

It took a year or two to save up the money but now I am proudly displaying my new wedding band!

6.  Favorite thing you pinned
Over the summer I found a fantastic art idea using melted crayons.  I just HAD to make one of my own.  Ta da!

5.  Favorite blog post
My favorite blog post would have to be the 9/11 one.  It is so important for me to remember everything that happened on that day so I can continue to keep the spirit of those poor victims alive in my heart.
If you are interested, you can visit that post HERE.
4.  Favorite Accomplishment
Starting up this blog AND receiving my first blog award. :) 
3.  Favorite Picture
We took our children to get their pictures taken this past spring.  As you might have assumed, the patience didn't last long and we were losing them quickly.  In a moment of desperation we threw our own sunglasses on the kids.  We then acted like fools behind the photographer and got this picture as a result.
Mr. and Ms. Cool
Phew!  I feel for any child photographers out there.

2.  Favorite Memory
That would be all of the memories I have of my wonderful Grandfather who passed away two weeks ago.  I love you and miss you so much.

John Aliberti
August 3, 1924-December 11, 2011

1.  Goal for 2012
My goal for 2012 is to work on being a better person, mother, wife, friend, and teacher.  I made a bunch of goals to help me with this during a Teacher's Treasure's linky party.  You can check out my personal and professional goals HERE.


So there you have it, my 11 in 11.
Bring it on 2012!

6 comments:

  1. Your newest follower!! Love those pictures of your kiddos in the spring. BEAUTIFUL wedding band!! Happy New Year!
    Robynn

    BusyBees

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand the kid pictures - I have 3 and the chances of getting them all smiling and looking at the camera are slim. LOVE the crayon art - I made one as well this summer.

    Jen
    Runde's Room

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for linking up!
    LOVE LOVE LOVE PF Changs - their honey crispy shrimp is to die for!
    Hooray for your new wedding band!
    Your kids are so cute!!!
    A Teeny Tiny Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm your newest follower!

    Can totally relate to you on the ring! My husband surprised me last week for our wedding anniversary by having a diamond replaced in my ring!

    First Grade Delight
    imgoingfirst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well your new ring is gawgeous! =)

    gingersnapstreatsforteachers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm your newest follower from the linky party. Very cool kids, indeed. I hope you'll visit my blog.

    ReplyDelete