Monday, October 24, 2011

Favorite Read Alouds

I'm joining Swimming Into Second for her:

Photobucket

You had me at Read Alouds.
If you look on my sidebar, I have a virtual bookshelf full of my favorites.
Here is a list of my top ones.
Favorite Chapter Books:
This is a fantastic read aloud for the beginning of the year.  It lays a great foundation for what good story tellers need.  What is also nice is that each chapter lends itself into a writing lesson for the day.  The kids LOVE hearing Gooney Bird's stories.

This is another fun story.  I especially love Chester the skiddish cat. 
We finished this just in time for Halloween. :)

This is my all time favorite read aloud.  I have read this one every year since I first started teaching.  It is such a great story and so much fun to read out loud to the children.

This is a newer favorite of mine.  There are some parts that need a little explanation, which is why I wait to read this later in the year.  However, the story and underlying message are just too good to pass up on.

Favorite Picture Books:



Dogzilla, Kat Kong, and Dog Breath all by Dav Pilkey (Just all around fun read alouds)

Wonderful for giving struggling readers encouragement.

Great for introducing letter writing.

I hope you join in and share some of your favorites as well!

0 comments:

Post a Comment