Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Schema

One of my goals this year is to have the children work on "activating schema" more.  It has been a buzz word in our classroom for a while now.

Just last week I started a great read aloud.


I realized that this would be the perfect book to help the children learn to examine their schema a little more closely, especially since Gooney Bird constantly forces you to change it.  I highly suggest this book for your own classroom.

I found this great anchor chart on Pinterest to help discuss the topic.


We will be finishing the book up tomorrow.  I plan on using this activity I made to map how their schema changed as we read the book.

(Click on the picture for a copy.)

2 comments:

  1. I read that book with my daughter last year - she really enjoyed it, and I thought it was very well written!

    Jen
    Runde's Room

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kindness Counts in Kindergarten


    I borrowed one of your anchor charts and I mentioned you on my blog. I hope you hop over and check me out!

    Hollie

    ReplyDelete