Thursday, September 8, 2011

Rain, Rain, GO AWAY!!!

It has rained every day this week AND it is expected to rain all day tomorrow as well.

What does this mean in the land of second grade?  Week long indoor recess for a bunch of 7 and 8 year olds.  These poor kids (and their teacher) have been cooped up all week and desperately need to be outside expending their first week of school energy.

We have all been hanging in there, including the third graders who have trudged through the rain while coming in and out of the trailers out back. 

Today's rain, however, takes the cake.  Roads around the school were shut down, buses could not get to the school, which led to a very interesting dismissal.  I am pretty impressed at how smoothly it went considering the road closures.

As I drove home, trying to make it to my own kid's school and daycare, I found that the whole area was greatly affected by this crazy flooding(and still is).   After navigating through random closed roads, picking up both kids on opposite ends of the town, we made it home just as it started downpouring again. 

Here is picture taken of a parking lot just a few towns away from where I am...

Crazy right?

I can only imagine what tomorrow's rain will bring.
I just hope our school doesn't float away like some of these cars!

Update:  We ended up having the day off Friday because many roads were still closed.   My heart and prayers go out to the family of a 12 year old boy who died in a flash flood in our town.

0 comments:

Post a Comment