Tuesday, September 20, 2011

I Know My Address

In years past, it was interesting to find that some of my second graders were not able to tell me their phone number or address.  So one of the assignments I give my students at the beginning of the year is to memorize these. 

At the end of the week, I "quiz" them to see if they are able to retell both.  I also tell the children that if they want extra credit, they can memorize their parent's cell number(s) too.

I am happy to say that every child was able to recite all or most of their address and phone number.  Yay!

Here is the page I send home.

Click on the picture if you would like a copy.

1 comment:

  1. I was just writing this activity down in my plan book for the upcoming week! I love the template you made with the house for recording their address and phone number. Thanks for sharing! Also, I think I'm your newest follower! Great blog!

    http://www.mrsmayhew.blogspot.com/

    ~Meghan

    ReplyDelete