Saturday, August 27, 2011

Character Rocks!

I cannot take credit for this idea.  I actually saw this over at Rundes Room.  However, as soon as I saw the idea, I knew it was exactly what I was looking for to revamp my class reward system.

Here are Jen's "Character Rocks:"


I thought this was an awesome tie in with our first unit Character Education.  I can give a child a rock as they display a certain behavior.  Since our counselors introduce "filling buckets", I will have the children place their rocks in our class bucket.  Once our bucket is "filled," they earn a class treat or party of their choice.

Here are the rocks I created this past week along with our class bucket.



The other thing I want to do is keep track of which children get a rock and for what trait.  I want to make sure everyone gets the opportunity to work toward our class goal.

1 comment: